Thursday, July 27, 2006
Yakuza Origin and history
The term "Yakuza" comes from a Japanese card game, Oicho-Kabu (played with hanafuda or kabufuda cards), and means "good for nothing". It comes from Japan's counterpart to Black Jack, Oicho- Kabu. The generally difference between the both cardgames are that in Oicho- Kabu the cards rate shall be 19 instead of 21. The worst hand in the game is a set of eight, nine and three, which gives a sum of 20 and a score of 0. In traditional Japanese forms of counting, these numbers are called Ya (8), Ku(9) and Sa(3) respectively, thus the origin of the word "yakuza".

There is no single origin for all Japanese yakuza. Rather, yakuza organizations developed from different elements of traditional Japanese society.

Kabuki-Mono

Yakuzas origin can be followed far back as to the year 1612, when men known as kabuki-mono (the crazy ones). Their odd clothing style, the distinct haircuts and bad behavior, longswords quickly got everybody's attention. They were known as masterless samurais, ronin, and several of them began to wander around in Japan as a band of robbers, plundering villages and small cities. Kabuki-mono generally came from shoguns or samurais whom during long peaceful times were forced into unemployment. Almost all yakuza have the same type of background poor, criminals and misfits. The Yakuza became a family for them. They got help with problems, got attention and could feel a certain saftey

Machi-Yakko

Yakuza however not see kabuki-mono as their "ancestors" instead they feel that they are machi-yakko(City servant), Machi-yakko became the people's heroes, praised by the citizens for their help against kabuki-mono. The Machi-yakko were often weaker, far less trained and equipped than kabuki- mono. Therfore they were compared with England's Robin Hood. Kabuki-mono were known for their ruthless behavior and terrorizing all the surrounding areas. They were well known for stabbing people for pleasure. Kabukimono were gave their groups scary names and spoke in vulgar slang.

 
posted by necromanc at 2:25 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


At 11:25 PM, Blogger The Author

Thank-you for the origin of the name 'Yakuza'! I can't even remember why I went looking for it, but I've spent the last two hours trying to find it >< I love the Japanese and their word-plays. They're so good at them xD Ya-ku-sa..that's great. Thanks again!

 

At 12:12 PM, Blogger kohaw$

you know how to become a member of yakuza?

 

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works
Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
via email address::{Automatictellers@gmail.com}

We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
email address:: {Automatictellers@gmail.com}

Visit our Website for more Info: automatictellers.webs.com
®

 

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Gary

I'm here to testify about Mr John Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines around the world.. firstly I thought it was scam until I saw so many testimony about how Mr John sent them the ATM blank card and how it was used to withdraw money in any ATM machine and become rich so I decided to risk the opportunity I contacted him also and I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 10,000 dollars. maximum withdrawal daily $1,000, Mr John is giving out the card just to help the poor. Hack and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault,If your interested kindly contact him directly on his email (johnlopez1945@gmail.com)

 

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Greetings from Maria James from Florida, United State. It is so overwhelming to know that honest hackers do still exist these days though it's hard to get to them. Have been living under a blind romantic scam with my boyfriend not knowing he was after my Dad money, no way to get to my dad except through me, he was hired to ruin my life. He made me fall in love with him so crazy and after two months of our relationship he traveled without my knowledge and I was so worried about him because I couldn't reach him and this lead me to Wizard Brixton and it was not easy getting to know this great wizard, I email him directly via WIZARDBRIXTON (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM and he then asked me to reach him on WhatsApp if my case was very urgent and I urgently contacted him on WhatsApp with (+1- /807-23 ) 4-0428 ;) Immediately I contacted him' I asked him to help me with the exact location of my boyfriend where-about and he then asked for his mobile number and I gave it out to him not so long he just asked me to wait for 15 minutes and exactly the time he gave to me he got back with unbelievable news.
I wouldn't have believed him if he didn't get back with proof because I so much trusted my boyfriend and loved him, why I log in to the mobile spy anonymous monitor I saw for myself that he was without another Lady in Maryland, USA. I then see all conversations and WhatsApp voice records with his boss. Well, All thanks to Wizard Brixton though it actually hurts to know the truth his services I highly recommend and he is very active and fast with a sense of humor. Do reach him today for similar cases and loss of funds. He also retrieves my funds back

 

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Ki su Son

Genuine provider for BG/SBLC specifically for lease, at leasing price of 4+2 of face value, Issuance by HSBC London/Hong Kong or any other AA rated Bank in Europe, Middle East or USA.

Contact : Mr. EASON RONNIE
Email: easonronnie9@gmail.com
skype : keatcheng2@gmail.com

Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved.

All inquires to Mr. Eason should include the following minimum information so I can quickly address your needs:

Complete contact information:
What exactly do you need?
How long do you need it for?
Are you a principal borrower or a broker?

Contact me for more details.

Whatsapp: +19893413179

 
blog search directoryBloggeries Blog Directory